Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:47:51 -0700
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG, <wjv@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Monday, July 29, 2002, at 06:32  PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> 92...93, anything free, really.  If mailman is really that particular
> about UID, then I guess I should change gdm's.

Well, here is what make options from the mailman port says:

 > make options
===>  Build options for mailman-2.0.12:
* MM_USERNAME [mailman]
   The username of the Mailman user
* MM_USERID [92]
   The user ID of the Mailman user
         It is recommended that you do not change this option.
* MM_GROUPNAME [mailman]
   The group to which the Mailman user will belong
* MM_GROUPID [92]
   The group ID for the Mailman user
         It is recommended that you do not change this option.

Its kind of bizarre, because the Makefile says:

# The Mailman port supports a number of variables that may be tweaked at
# build time.  Getting the values of some of them right is crucial!
# Perform a "make options" to see more information on these variables.
#
MM_USERNAME?=   mailman
MM_USERID?=     91
MM_GROUPNAME?=  ${MM_USERNAME}
MM_GROUPID?=    ${MM_USERID}

So ... I dunno what the solution is here.  Should mailman be UID/GID 90?
Should I create a gdm UID/GID with 92?

No comment from the mailman camp yet?

Thanks.

--