Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:50:32 -0600
From:      mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spontanious reboots

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:43:53AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 05:35:27PM +0000, Baldur Gislason wrote:
> > This box has been spontaniously rebooting for a while, we've replaced most of
> > the hardware
>
> What hardware have you not tested/replaced?  Consider doing so :)

Have you made sure that the power supply isn't sagging under load
and that the CPU(s) are not overheating? Checked all the fans?

Those are two causes of spontaneous reboots that most people
don't think to check.

Kris, Baldur, and I, of course, check all this, having brought
paranoia up from a mere art form to a true science. ;=)

--
Mike Andrews
mikea@mikea.ath.cx