Date:      Fri, 22 May 2009 14:19:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Tim Clewlow" <tim@clewlow.org>
To:        "Greg Lewis" <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        Michael Goodell <michael@pdc4u.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD install failing

> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:27:32PM -0600, Michael Goodell wrote:
>> I am trying to install FreeBSD from: /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk16
>>
>> I get this message:
>>
>> Because of licensing restrictions, you must fetch the distribution
>> manually.
>>  Please open http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>>  in a web browser and follow the "Download" link for
>>  "JDK US DST Timezone Update Tool - 1_3_12" to obtain the
>>  time zone update file, tzupdater-1_3_12-2009a.zip.
>>  Please place the downloaded file(s) in /usr/ports/distfiles.
>>
>> The problem is that the version on the site:
>> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp is not the same as
>> what's
>> required by the port.
>>
>> Is there a way around this?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> You can either update your ports collection or turn the "Update the
> time
> zone data" option off.

Another option is to use a search engine to find the file
tzupdater-1_3_12-2009a.zip and then download it manually - as long
as you have the usual md5/sha256/size checks switched on (they
should be on by default) then you can safely use the file (the ports
system will tell you if it doesn't pass those checks).

Cheers, Tim.

--
The code that never executes at all is the fastest.