Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:29:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      remy@boostworks.com
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to handle replaced files in repos ?

On  5 Dec, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 08:48:19PM +0100, remy@boostworks.com wrote:
>> Aside from manually re-adding local changes, is there a way to avoid
>> cvsup to replace files (that have been manually changed in the
>> FreeBSD repos) when there are local branches ?
>
> Yes, somewhat.  Have you read
> http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html#canilocal

For sure. I use CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM and no delete for cvsup. All is
working fine since years. I'm just pointing out the problem of a
(probably manual) file replacement on the official repos.

It do not arrive so often but it would be nice to have cvsup ring bells
when it detect this and when 'delete' keyword is absent.