Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 14:48:04 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

>     Jordan, that seems to be in direct contradiction to your last
> email to me on this matter.  Seems to me you were stating specifically
> that this issue was a _very emotional_ one, and it seemed that you put
> a lot of value on this emotional aspect.  It was I who was arguing that
> this should be considered in a more rational fashion.

No, I was stating that this was a *problem* in this discussion and
that debating it on purely technical terms would miss that crucial
point, not that emoting had some intrinsic value in this debate.  I
was in no way trying to suggest that you should get all emotional in
turn - stick to your technical points, please. :-)

> I'm sorry you see it that way, Jordan.  I have simply endured too many of
> these ego-wars amongst core-members to remain silent through this one.  I
> cannot see how any reasonable person cannot see at this point that having
> tcl in the base distribution was a rather MAJOR mistake from square one,

Yes, and that's your opinion.  Others have dissenting opinions or
there would be no debate here.  I'm just trying to make the point that
pounding on the desk with your shoe is no way to bring the other side
into agreement.

					Jordan