Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:40:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        edhall@weirdnoise.com, mb@imp.ch, kris@obsecurity.org, jstocker@tzi.de, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, edhall@screech.weirdnoise.com
Subject:   Re: gcc -O broken in CURRENT

In message: <3C9048FC.1C9C57B5@mindspring.com>
            Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
: "M. Warner Losh" wrote:
: > In message: <200203132015.g2DKFYv17886@screech.weirdnoise.com>
: >             Ed Hall <edhall@weirdnoise.com> writes:
: > : Exception-handling is broken with -O in -stable, and has been for years.
: > : FreeBSD is one of the few systems that use setjmp/longjmp stack unwinds
: > : to implement exceptions, so when the GCC folks broke that path, it was
: > : never fixed.  There are supposedly patches floating around that fix the
: > : problem, but they either didn't work as advertised or the ball got dropped.
: >
: > Hmmmm, C++ exceptions work in -stable with -O and have for at least a
: > year.  At least they are working for us in our environment.  What's
: > busted?
:
: Per thread exception stacks?  THat's where I'd look...

Yes, that works.

Warner