Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 07:47:59 -0500
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   openssh & Linux interaction

I've been doing some work recently that requires me to ssh into a
Linux box from my FreeBSD machines.  I've been having problems anytime I
use 'scp' to copy files to the Linux box.  Shortly after the scp completes
(it can be a file as small as /etc/motd, or a 1MB file), all of my
open ssh sessions hang and will no longer accept input.  Eventually
the ssh connect drops.

Telnet connections to the machine are not affected.

My FreeBSD machines are running a 3 week old -current.  I've also seen
the same behaviour with an ssh connection from freefall (4.0-STABLE)
to the machine in question.

With that data, I'm pretty sure it is something on the Linux side
causing the problem.  Does this ring a bell with anyone, and does
anyone have a clue how to fix this?

The Linux box in question is a Cobalt Qube (MIPS box) running
Linux 2.0.34C52_SK (that is from uname, if you tell me how, I can
figure out more specific data).

The ssh on the Linux box is:
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.1.1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.

The machine is on a network with some MacOS machines, behind a
Cisco 675 DSL router.  The 675 is configured to pass ssh traffic to the
Linux box.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike
--