Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:48:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   OK, 99% success. Re: Argh, can't get -current to build under 2.2.8+

The syscons logo screensaver doesn't compile for me.

After building rpcgen and installing it, then a make -k world (to skip the
problems with syscons), my upgrade from 2.2.8 to 3.0-current as of
12/28/98 is complete.

OK, 1 reboot to check that the merges from /usr/src/etc were OK, and
moving the libraries to the aout subdirs...

Frankly, that makes me feel bad that I didn't just trust it, and run
ldconfig manually, but I figure the score is still, NT reboots, 8977,
FreeBSD reboots 5, so I'm still ahead of the game...

Thanks to those of you that tossed out ideas on how to make the upgrade go
as smoothly as possible...

So it seems a quick hack to make sure that rpcgen is built and used as
part of the toolchain will pretty much fix up anybody who wants to
upgrade...