Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:00:29 +0100
From:      Adam Nealis <adamn@csl.com>
To:        thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is tcl8.0.5 port broken?

Thierry Herbelot wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ports are only "guaranteed" on the latest -Stable version : 3.2-S.
> You should consider upgrading to at least 2.2.8-Stable, then reinstall
> your cyrus port.
>
> Given all good reports on 3.2-S, you may even want to switch to 3.2
I've got

*default  tag=RELENG_2_2

In my cvsup file - dunno if that means anything any more
tho'.

So it's not broken, which is fine (I did manage to build
cyrus imapd using tcl 7.6).

As for upgrading to 3.2, I'll pass on that as I have no
complaints at the moment. Upgrading a main file server is
scary 8).

Adam.