Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:21:00 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Bliznukov, Boris" <Boris.Bliznukov@DLI.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for ThunderLAN/Netelligent cards

> Hi All!
>
> Release notes for 2.2.7 says that TI ThunderLAN PCI NICs are supported.
> However I couldn't make it work. I check sys/pci directory there is
> nothing there that has anything to do with TLAN card.
>
> Is it supported?

The release notes appear to be in error; the Thunderlan driver was not
brought into the 2.2.7 release.  This appears to have been an
accidental omission.

You may be able to bring the if_tl driver back from -current with a
little effort, however I would suggest contacting the driver's author
before doing this; Bill Paul <wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu>.