Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 13:27:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        rknebel@mail.microserve.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: printing

I'm coming in late so this may be a rehash.

It looks like you have a ghostcsript problem -- not a printing
problem. The typecheck error can be caused by any number of things,
but an error return is one of the most common. You can run gs with
debugging flags turned on and see exactly where it is failing.

I would check these:

	1.	Can you display the PostScript output? If you can, the
		PostScript is ok and you have a problem with either
		the filter or driver.

	2.	Do you have the correct driver compiled in? 'gs
		--help' will show you which drivers are available. The
		answer to "which is correct" is in the gs docs. You'll
		have to unpack the port to find out. cdjcolor or
		cdjmomo should work.

	3.	Which driver are specifying in your filter?
		(-sDEVICE=xxx) Is it correct?

	4.	Check for permission complications. e.g., are the
		permissions on the filter, tmp directories and
		spool correct? (Probably not your problem, but worth a
		check.)

-- Jay