Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:18:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Opera Browser

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Jim Freeze wrote:

> Has anyone used the Opera browser for linux on FBSD?
> If so, which version did you install and was the installation difficult?
> Currently I am running FBSD 3.4R.

I had no problems installing it on 4.2. I used the tarball for
linux-opera-4.0b4 from freshports.org, but I see it's now in the Ports
collection. Simply save the source, untar it, cd into the directory it
creates and do your make as usual.

It's a nice browser, but I was disappointed to see it is only a 30 day
evaluation. The version that is completely free (version 5.0) is only for
Windows according to Opera's homepage.

Dru