Date:      Sat, 6 Aug 2005 13:46:11 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Lupe Christoph <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
Subject:   Re: Challenge during the ports freeze

--nextPart70209280.nPkcyH3pzW

On Saturday, 6. August 2005 11:43, Lupe Christoph wrote:

> One more question: I can't find anything in /usr/ports/Mk that sets
> PACKAGE_BUILDING. Can I safely assume that it is only set for testing
> ports? Or are there situations when it is set and real packages are
> produced?

There is no special procedure for testing ports - the test for missing file=
s=20
in pkg-plist is part of the (real) package building procedure.=20

PACAKGE_BUILDING is set in global environment on the package build clusters=
=20
machines ...

> Another question: in the build process, will PACKAGE_BUILDING still be
> set when the package is deleted?

=2E.. all the time. And of course every user is free to set it in his=20
environment or his /etc/make.conf as well - for example if he wants to use=
=20
portupgrade/portinstall -p to build himself a cache of packages.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org