Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:00:31 +0200
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@odo.in-berlin.de>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   amavis[12345]: (12345-02) (!)file utility failed: exit 1

Hi --

This is FreeBSD (9.2-STABLE, r256062), amavisd-new 2.8.0, and file 5.15. Mai=
lserver including amavisd is running in a service jail.

After a recent port upgrade of file to 5.15, I do get warnings like shown in=
 the subject line. In order to debug that issue I did replace the file 5.15 b=
y the file 5.11 executable, and well, now those warning messages disappeared=
.

Here my questions:

1. Do others see those warning messages as well, running the combination ama=
visd-new 2.8.0 and file 5.15?
2. Can one safely ignore those messages?
3. May "$file =3D '/usr/bin/file';" in amavisd.conf function as a valid work=
around for the time being?
  (I have to admit that I didn't dare testing that, yet)

Thanks and with kind regards,
Michael