Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:04:18 +0300
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libdevstat

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 08:43:51AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Sergey A. Osokin <osa@freebsd.org.ru> [010316 08:27] wrote:

> > > Struct devstat already has bytes_read and bytes_written per device, and
> > > the values are filled in (gkrellm seems to be able to get read/written
> > > stats just fine).
> >
> > gkrellm good tool, but i don't want istall X/gtk/bla-bla-bla
> > on remote server. I want to use some CLI tool for it, like iostat
> > or somethink else.
> >
> > Another idea?
>
> I think what he's saying is that libdevstat is OK, it's just that
> the tools that use it sum up the stats instead of displaying them
> inidividually.

Yes, libdevstat have data, but iostat display transfer = read+write+other.
But i want to see something like following:

        totalreads = current->num_reads - ((previous) ?
                           previous->num_reads : 0);
        totalwrites = current->num_writes - ((previous) ?
                           previous->num_writes : 0);
        totalother = current->num_other - ((previous) ?
                           previous->num_other : 0);

> I would look at fixing iostat because libdevstat seems to provide
> all the data needed.

OK. Thanks.

--

Rgdz,                                /"\
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,               \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN