Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:47:44 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, jehamby@lightside.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, kelly@yarmouth, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Application Development

>>> Terry Lambert said:
 > A market for the finished products so that the investment/reward ratio
 > is somewhere near that for Windows.

That I think is the answer to my question. We need a very, very strong
developer who is willing to tackle the problem.

As for me , if the development environment is superior to the microsoft
development and that shouldn't be hard to do I will buy it. (It is much
easier to invent a better wheel once you have seen a good wheel)

The price of the product has to be cheap enough so that we can
attract many individuals. At any rate, thats how microsoft did initially
they developed an IDE and then dump the market thus forcing or displacing
Borland. You should have seen my face when I bought V++ a few years ago
for less than $200 the figure $100 floats in my mind;however, the
important point here is that it did not cost $10000!

	Amancio