Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 22:48:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cheapo 56k hardware

Mark Koskenmaki recently said:

> [...]

IMO - good used equipment - from a reliable used equipment vendor
is the way to go.  The people I work typically buy CSU/DSUs for
about 1/2 of new by getting used products. They all do basically
the same job.  We paid $6K for an Ascend Max400x - 96 33k modems,
and under 1/2 price of new value on a Cisco router.

> I once read on Boardwatch it was possible to us an ISDN line and
> modem to supply 2 56K lines. I don't know how it was done or if
> it's still possible.

I remember hearing about that too, however if it was do-able why
aren't people doing it.  I've not heard of it. (But just because
I've not heard of it means little).

Bill
--
bill@bilver.magicnet.net | bv@wjv.com