Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:16:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alexander N. Kabaev" <ak03@gte.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SYSINIT for userland?

Will functions marked with __attribute__((__constructor__)) or
__attribute__((__destructor__)) satisfy your needs?
Compiler will insert calls to these functions gets into .init section of the
resulting ELF module which in turn will be called automatically at the program
startup time. I do not remember exactly, but there might be even priority
parameter you can specify with these attributes to manage the order in which
these functions will be called.

E-Mail: Alexander N. Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>