Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:37:13 GMT
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        edward@edcom.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java

    Amancio> A bit more of low level work however Guile is available
    Amancio> in the ports/lang offers what it looks like the start of
    Amancio> a Java language implementation.

What about threads?

Gosling was in town speaking at our local UNIX user group meeting; he
said that the most difficult part of the porting effort was providing
a thread/lightweight process library.  Porting Java has also exposed
myriad bugs in existing thread implementations.

After hearing that, I wasn't terribly inspired ... but hopeful, still.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

I think a good gift for the president would be a chocolate
revolver. And since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him
and hand it to him.  -- Jack Handey