Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 13:07:28 +1200
From:      C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz (Craig Harding)
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trimming RAM usage on FreeBSD box

Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com> writes:

>I have a small FreeBSD box that has 8MB of ram
>it is running a few servers that seem to
>use all it's RAM so I end up thrashing to the point that
>it becomes unusable.. (login takes about 15 minutes)

I hate to tell you this, but 8MB of RAM is tiny for a FreeBSD box,
especially one that's running as a network server of sorts (as opposed to a
personal workstation). I suggest you use lots of ps (and top - from the
ports collection I believe) to have a look at the memory usage of your system.

                                                -- C.
--
Craig Harding    Acting Director, Massey University Television Production Centre
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly