Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:53:21 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PnP problem...

>>> Terry Lambert said:
 > >  > > Lets take this a step a time. In my case, I have a PnP motherboard.
 > >  > >
 > >  > > 1) disable all PnP
 > >  > > 2) probe all non-PnP cards
 > >  > > 3) Query PnP cards for where they may fit
 > >  > > 4) Do a topological sort to fit them all
 > >  > >
 > >  > > How am I supposed to know that I have a driver for a given PnP device
     ?
 > >  >
 > >  > You don't care, in the general case.
 > >  >

 > > Terry most cool, now the next step. Care to write the
 > > topological sort?
 > >
 > > 	We are all happily waiting 8)
 >

 > It's a trivial brute-force problem (ie: not interesting  8-)).  I have
 > access to MS developer documentation in their SDK and DDK, so I'll
 > have to check if this is under non-disclosure or not.
 >
 > Even then, I'd say that the Intel sepc was enough if you went at it
 > from a software diagnostic perspective rather than a hardware designer
 > perspective.
 >
 > I also have a slight handicap between theory and implementation of not
 > owning any PnP hardware (well, PCMCIA counts as a special intermediate
 > case, I guess, so that isn't strictly true).
 >
 > What "PnP ISA motherboard are you using?

Terry, I am most thrill to offer you an account on my system !!

	What would you like as a user name ?

	My motherboard is an ASUS P55TP4XE with P100.

Sorry to peck you down Terry is just that Sujal is pretty far along on
his PnP stuff and we are lacking way , way behind on this PnP support.

So if you can help and I believe that you can it will be fantastic!

	Best Regards,
	Amancio