Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:23:25 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading NSPR to 4.8.2

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:04:54 -0600, Mikhail T. <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger написав(ла):
>> Because, your attach has turned into message body rather than attach a
>> file. There is no way I (or we are) am going to copy and paste as it
>> won't work to get apply clean. See here:
>>
>>     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2009-November/023324.html
>>

> I don't understand... My message was text/plain. You should be able to
> just feed it to patch(1) straight -- it will skip the beginning of the
> e-mail and get right to the patches... Save the message from your Opera
> to a /tmp/nspr-update.diff and feed it to patch...
>
> Just in case, I placed it online too for your convenience:
>
>     cd /usr/ports/devel/nspr
>     fetch -o - http://aldan.algebra.com/~mi/nspr-4.8.2-update.diff.bz2 |
>     bzcat | patch -p
>
>> I don't think the 'regression-test: test' will be include in the ports
>> tree, because it causes pointyhat/tinderbox hang if I remember it
>> correct. Should be in the commit history, I believe.
>
> That should not be happening any more (under 7.2), and when it did, it
> was an indication of a bug (in 7.0)...

We still support FreeBSD 6.x. Let's hold on regression-test until after
FreeBSD 8.0 released. The nspr doesn't need to be shoot pointyhat down
during the thaw.

>> I think most of us are busy at the moment. It looks like if it works
>> great w/ Firefox 3/libxul by build and run time. Then it can be
>> commit. From what I read in the release note and I don't think it
>> breaks anything, but never know (hate when it happens :-)).
>
> So, do you need me to do anything else? Or can I commit it on my own,
> since I am not that busy?

You have the approve to commit it as long as it has been tested and
without that regression-test patch. After FreeBSD 8.0 released, one of us
can enable that regression-test and see how it goes.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org