Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:41:25 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAL DV, doesn't quite work

Thanks for the test and investigations.

There is another bit which indicates PAL or NTSC.
Can you insert printf for 'ciph->fdf.dv.fs' to check whether it is 1 or
0. For PAL, it shold be 1.

Actually, for receive part, we use the system information(PAL or NTSC)
only for detect bad frame data length(buffer overrun causes this).
So we can ignore system information if we give up padding of corrupted
data.

For sending part, the system information is essential to keep frame
timing.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html