Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:54:07 +0100
From:      Bart Matthaei <bart@dreamflow.nl>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Filtering packets based on incoming address [ack. plaintext now]

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:43:17PM -0800, Greg White wrote:
> Since most ISPs do absolutely no filtering of RFC1918 addresses
> anywhere, you positively _must_ do this. Try the following:

[snap]

> 'Private' addresses are only private if all the routers on the internet
> refuse to route them. Most do not. :(

Very true, but its possible for small home gateways to filter
on interface (allow everything from the private interface). In that
case, your not firewalling on ip level, so spoofing makes no
difference.

B.

--=20
Bart Matthaei                 bart@dreamflow.nl

/* Welcome to my world.. You just live in it */

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--