Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:24:00 +0530
From:      "Parthasarathi Biswas" <amadeus@col.com.np>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems Installing

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C05EC7.02EF1660

Hi,
 Iam Parthasarathi,I have 2 hard disks in my system.1st hard disk =
contaions 2 partions(win98 and Nt respectively),2nd hard disk contains =
one dos partion which is the first partion in that disk and the 2nd =
partion is freebsd.=20
I have installed FreeBSD but not able to load it.as The bootmanager is =
not getting loaded.I tried these options:

1.after installation, I tried the option bootinst boot.bin..but that did =
not work it shows cannot overwrite bootsav.bin in disk0 and for second =
drive also it shows cannot overwrite boot2sav.bin.

2.Second option was I reinstalled freebsd and when it asks for boot =
manager I chose the first hard disk but in this case it did not do =
anything after the post test(blue screen of configuration).So I did =
fdisk /mbr and then activated the first partion of the first hard disk =
so now I can load 98 and NT(as NT loader gives that option) but how do I =
load freebsd.

I thought there are two options to this either I load boot manager or =
there shoild be some other way that I can load freebsd when need??

Pls advise soon.
Thanks and Brgds
Partha

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C05EC7.02EF1660

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;Iam Parthasarathi,I have 2 hard disks =
in&nbsp;my=20
system.1st hard disk contaions 2 partions(win98 and Nt respectively),2nd =
hard=20
disk contains one dos partion which is the first partion in that disk =
and=20
the&nbsp;2nd partion is freebsd. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have installed FreeBSD but not able to load it.as =
The=20
bootmanager is not getting loaded.I tried these options:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>1.after installation, I tried the option bootinst=20
boot.bin..but that did not work it shows cannot overwrite bootsav.bin in =
disk0=20
and for second drive also it shows cannot overwrite =
boot2sav.bin.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>2.Second option was I reinstalled freebsd and when =
it asks for=20
boot manager I chose the first hard disk but in this case it did not do =
anything=20
after the post test(blue screen of configuration).So I did fdisk /mbr =
and then=20
activated the first partion of the first hard disk so now I can load 98 =
and=20
NT(as NT loader gives that option) but how do I load =
freebsd.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I thought there are two options to this either I =
load boot=20
manager or there shoild be some other way that I can load freebsd when=20
need??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Pls advise soon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks and Brgds</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Partha</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C05EC7.02EF1660--