Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 05:17:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      bharadwajn@smtp.gc.ca
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SYSINSTALL does not probe for hard disk on Versa laptop

Hello,

I have looked and searched all week to no avail, so.... here I am.

I have a NEC VERSA LX AGP laptop and I am trying to install 4.6 Release.

It goes through all the gyrations and drops into SYSINSTALL but SYSINSTALL
complains that no harddrives were found. Just to confirm that the beast
was functioning correctly, I partioned the disk and installed WIN2K on
the 1st partition just fine, and lo and behold, 4.6 still groks.

I then tried OpenBSD 3.1 and also Debian Linux, and both installed just
fine.

Any help in resolving this woud be greatly appreciated, because I have a
handful of FBSD boxes and I don't want this laptop to be an orphan child.

thx nb