Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:03:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mariusz Potocki <potok@friko.onet.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   amd automounter question

I recently configured amd to automount my cdrom drive.
Work ok but at startup it causes modem in other machine that works as my
gateway to Internet to dial out.
If I kill ppp process on gateway, amd wait about 40 sec before activating.
Is it some DNS lookup? And how to avoid it?
I also installed amd on other, standalone machine with it's own modem and
have no similar troubles.

BTW.
Is it possible to umount cdrom on pressing eject button on drive?

Mariusz
              "verba volant,
                     scripta manent"