Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:36:02 +0000
From:      Paul Walsh <paul@nation-net.com>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Errors with restore

Further to my earlier post , these are the errors I'm getting when I do
a restore tf of /usr. As I said , I suspect that the presence of a
badsect file to be causing it but have no idea how to get a restorable
backup from this fs. Should I perhaps move the BAD folder ( which
contains the badsect file ) by itself onto a new fs maybe?

All help appreciated ...

Paul.

#restore tf /dev/nrst0

Level 1 dump of /usr on www.walshsimmons.co.uk:/dev/wd0f
Label: none
Checksum error 244737, inode 0 file (null)
no header after volume mark!
abort? [yn] Dump   date: Thu Feb 20 13:11:55 1997
Dumped from: Sun Oct 15 08:57:56 1995
hole in map
abort? [yn] resync restore, skipped 24 blocks
Cannot find file dump list
#