Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 09:51:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: alphanumeric pagers

		Hi there folx,

>     Is anyone out there using alphanumeric paging software with FreeBSD?
> I'd like to get some working with a Motorola Advisor and wondered if anyone
> had gotten something working.  The paging provider's dialup only supports
> the IXO protocol...  Thanks in advance!

	Some of them ( I mean pager companies) already have
	plain modem dial-in pools - you get connected,enter
	the pager ID and the message.

	In the worst scenario one can just use tip or cu
	to dial out and relay the message via some numeric
	code - you only have to find appropriate timing  -
	I used to do it some time ago - was pretty handy,
	especially if one can memorize the codes :)

	Rashid