Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 03:35:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ncr53c810 driver in stable/current

Hi...

	for the second time today, my -stable machine has crashed,
and hung while trying to reboot.  the machine is using an ncr53c810
SCSI controller (the ASUS PC-200(sp?)) is the only SCSI controller
in the box....

	Now, I can live with the crashes, for now, but the fact that
it is hanging on reboots is becoming a royal pain...

	The last time I reported this, someone made mention that
the cause was the NCR driver not switching modes or something like
that, so that it can't dump core...?

	If anyone remembers this thread, or knows what the hell I'm
talking about...has this been fixed in -current?

	I've disabled savecore/dumpdev in /etc/sysconfig now, in
the hopes that since it isn't setup to dump core, it won't try
too...is this a correct assumption?

thanks...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org