Date:      12 Jun 1996 14:18:29 -0400
From:      bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adaptec disk controllers and 2.1-RELEASE

In article <199606121218.FAA00971@Root.COM>,
David Greenman  <davidg@Root.COM> wrote:
:    -stable is not a release.

I know that. I was referring to the various snapshots.

: a recent snapshot of -stable, but it doesn't have the latest aha2940 fixes.
: When I said "upgrade to -stable", I meant using SUP to update your source tree
: to the current -stable sources.

There's a leetle problem with this. The machine is question is a
production machine and the last thing I need is to make it go
unstable by installing whatever happens to be the latest source.
I'm sticking to releases and snapshots and then only if I don't
hear of significant problems.

>From what you're saying, it looks like what I need to do is get
the latest snapshot _and_ the latest stable and retrofit the
necessary changes. So, before I go to this pain, is it reasonable
to attempt this? Should it fix my problems?