Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 09:25:34 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   VAT how-to question

I asked this to -questions yesterday, but I have not seen it come down the
list, so I will ask again here.

I have vat running on a 2.0 SNAPSHOT, but I can't get it to work on
2.0.5 ALPHA/RELEASE. I am using the GUS sound card, the snd, gus and
vat_audio are in the kernel configuration files. I made the snd and vat
devices from MAKEDEV. I run the vat from ftp.ee.lbl.gov. This version
of vat uses /dev/audio not /dev/vatio (is there another copy of vat we should
be running?) and when the packet come in for vat, I get repeatily the error
message:

/kernel: Sound: Audio queue4 corrupted for dev0 (55522/16)

now that vat uses the voxware driver, can a soundblaster be used to listen
to vat?

thanks.

--mark.

ps. FreeBSD hackers in the SD/ND/Northern MN are welcome to come to the
    Fargo/Moorhead Internet Users Group picnic on 06/27/95. see
    http://rrnet.com/iug/ for details.