Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:02:59 +0200
From:      "Michael Grant" <mgrant@grant.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   getting pam to put the ip address in the log

Recently I have been seeing lots of connections to my sshd trying to guess
passwords.  One thing I noticed was the hostname reported in the auth.log
without reverse dns.  sshd never puts in the ip address, this is all I see:

sshd[14450]: error: PAM: authentication error for illegal user access from
host1.xxx.br

Is it possible to get pam or sshd or whatever is ultimatly logging this to
put the ip address in the log so I can see where this is really coming from?

Michael Grant