Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2000 18:42:27 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We cannot use 'make -j' option to build the world, period.

David O'Brien wrote:

> > OK, we all FreeBSD users should forget the fact that there is an
> > option '-j' in make(1) and it's helpful for building FreeBSD. I dunno
>
> AFAIK, we've never really supported -j for kernel building (which the
> linux module is part of).  -j makes for world should certainly still
> work.
>
> Or you could help debug the problem and submit at Makefile patch. :-)

Err, we have been supporting -j for kernel building for a LONG time. The
"depend" and "install" targets did not support it, but support on the
"all" target is about as old as support on the "buildworld" target.

Of which, btw, the linux module was part of until last year (this
year?).

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

		He has been convicted of criminal possession of a clue with intent to
distribute.