Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:39:59 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Steve Krans - EDI <sdk@exchangedata.com>
Subject:   Re: 2.2.2/sysinstall bug?

In a previous message, Steve Krans - EDI said:
> Hello --
>
> I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 on an Intel 486DX2.  When I run sysinstall,
> exit out, then vi /etc/rc.conf I get lines like:
>
> swapfile="NO"           # Set to name of swapfile if aux swapfile desired."             # Set to name of swapfile if aux swapfile desired."
>
> ie, the comment is duplicated each time I run sysinstall.  I now have 8
> of these comments on one long swapfile=... line.  This is happening for
> each line in the file.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Yup. Happened just after I installed additional source distributions
to my system. Freaked me out for a moment there until I realised
nothing of `real-signicance' had happened.

I couldn't figure out just what made the change until I read your
piece of mail.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460