Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 12:39:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      xskoba1@kremilek.gyrec.cz
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridge and firewall

Can anyone help with this. Bridge is enabled, even in sysctl. Firewall is
enabled and configured. But my reality is done this way..

Cisco
(NATing
 192.168.1.0/24) ---- Freebsd Bridge (Public IP) ------ stations
(Public IP)            (NATing 172.16.0.0/24            192.168.1.xx
                         or something similar)          172.16.0.xx and on
                         one public IP one private       witch even one
                                                           public IP...

ok... it looks horribly, but I am not having time to change it... we are
going to change IPS and so on...

so... what are the rules which should be added

users are permited to connect inside.... to public IP trough SSH
named is on FreeBSD and used by inner adress (192... 172...)

and firewall than behaves strangely...

thanks for any idea, unless you want me to reconfigure it at all... it is
a school and I am not having time until holiday

cheers
Rene Skoba