Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 97 10:59:49
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "www@freebsd.org" <www@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "team-freebsd@circle.net" <team-freebsd@circle.net>
Subject:   Why not put a note on www about rc5 contest.

I recently joined the FreeBSD team trying to crack the RSA latest
challenge. I was wondering why don't we put a little note on the
FreeBSD site about joining in the effort.

I think it is the type of things that bring up people together (it
sure is bringing OS/2 and Linux users together) and shows new users
that there is an active FreeBSD community.

It also gives the pages some freshness. I am not implying they look
stale (maybe a little), but recently I looked at the Linux
organization pages and they look "alive". Then again, when you have a
kernel of the week they probably have to update the pages often.

The way I suggest it would be to have a note right above the
newsflash.
This would also be a good spot for notices (i.e. New xyz driver. See
the Newsflash)

The FreeBSD team working on the challenge have an URL which we can
point to (sorry don't have it with me right now).