Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:04:56 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        atom.powers@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disable ScrollLock key

Thanks,

> > How to disable the ScrollLock key on a FreeBSD 4.11 console?
> >
> > I mean disable it for good, 100%, dead, like it was simply physacally
> > not there.
>
> I'm wondering why you would want to do this.

Because the machine is used for access control (opening a door) and
Friday, just when I was supposed to leave for the week-end, I had a
problem and lost time figuring out that if the system was not
responding to the enter key anymore, it was because it was scroll
locked.

>From the answer you gave me, I found that good page:

 http://www.freebsddiary.org/kbdcontrol.php

Thanks,