Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pseudoterminals increase: compilation error

--- On Sat, 7/19/08, Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> From: Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Pseudoterminals increase: compilation error
> To: unga888@yahoo.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
> Date: Saturday, July 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
> iirc pty is totally dynamic in 7 and doesn't require any
> special tweaks.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I get this error: "The system has no more ptys. Ask your system administrator to create more."

1) That is, this error message is nothing to do with ptys? What does it trying to say then?

2) Even if ptys are totally dynamic in 7, what is the upper limit and where it is defined? in which source file or header file?

Please answer if you know this. I'm really stuck.

kind regards
Unga