Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:16:29 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Orinoco MiniPCI

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 08:07:43PM -0400, Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> A search of the archives revealed that PCI adapters for orinoco cards
> don't work yet. So I guess there's no hope of getting the MiniPCI card
> working either?

Actually, that should be a different problem.  The Orinoco PCI adaptors
don't work because they are PCI-CardBus bridges and have interrupt
routing issues.  (Warner said today that someone waved money at him to
fix that so it should happen.)   On the other hand, there are other PCI
adaptors for other cards that work with wi that use an adaptor that
presents a PCI bus interface to a PCCard.  I would expect the MiniPCI
cards will do something like that since it would be pretty stupid to do
it the other way given the rather minimal available realestate on a
MiniPCI card.  It's probably just a matter of adding the right entry to
the wi_pci_probe function in if_wi.c.  PCI support for this was one of
the first things merged after the 4.3 code freeze was lifted.

> Does it work in -current?

The bridges still don't work in current either.

-- Brooks

--=20

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--