Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 96 17:51 CST
From:      malenovi@cview.com (Nik Malenovic)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@underdog.maxie.com
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

In article <DLCM3s.7qF@cview.com> you write:
>> Perhaps, not for 28.8 however can we load balance 128kb? 8)

>Don't the ISDN cards do that for themselves?

the difference would be like between routing and bridging.

ISDN cards can use both channels but it's done via hardware. bridges
route ethernet traffic based on MAC addresses (hardware solution).

load balancing is like routing - it's done on higher level (IP).

It would be interesting to see load balancing being standardized.
you can load balance ANY interface. let's say a device in kernel
to which you add multiple interfaces, which are multiple lines,
with the same routing info and kernel knows it can send packet
via any of them.. Any ideas how Linux and CISCO do 'em?

Nik