Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 96 11:37:39 EST
From:      jleppek@suw2k.hisd.harris.com (James Leppek)
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   3c589C pcmcia cards

I am desperately trying to get some 3c589C pcmcia combo cards to
work. I have a 3c589B card and it works fine...

I am trying to figure out if I have 2 bad cards (seems unlikely)
or the zp driver in stable cannot deal with these cards.

system info:
toshiba 400CDT and NEC versa P/75
16Meg
1 serial port

running 2.1 release and stable(just supped it, bpf support in the lp driver
is missing the sc->bpf info :-) )

The 3c589B configure as:
0x300, irq 3, 0xde000
works fine.

the 3c589C set up the same way is not recognized.

It gets the ident string but the problem appears to be in reading
the EEPROM data.

If anyone has successfully used the 3c589C (not B) please let me know
also include your OS info(stable, release, current) if possible

Thanks for any help,
Jim Leppek