Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:15:11 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Arnfinn Aas Eielsen <aeielsen@nextra.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM on FreeBSD 4.2

APM was not enabled in my GENERIC kernel. You might see something like:

device	apm0	at nexus? disable flags 0x20

This means that APM is disabled. To enable it, rebuild your kernel with
the "disable" part removed. Note that on some machines (most notably
mine), this can cause weird problems, like the machine locking up at
boot time (again I speak with first-hand experience).

If it works, and you have the appropriate devices (see /dev/MAKEDEV if
you don't), these commands should work.

Good luck.

--
Andrew Hesford