Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:44:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real hackers run -current

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

>In any case, I made *lots* of changes this weekend, although most of
>them aren't *major* functionality additions (more below).  Hopefully
>it'll pave the way to see some more funcationality additions, though.
>But, before that happens, I need people to test out the code.  I don't
>anticipate many problems, but there's always someone whose computers
>quits working.

Hey!  I just had Nate make me a set of diffs against -STABLE for this,
and...drumroll please...it works!  I can suspend and resume at will now.
(Need I mention this worked the first time?  Whoa.  I think Nate's got
something here.)

I'm running RELENG_2_2, with the relevant bits current as of today (28
October), on a TP560C.  Prior to this I've been able to almost crash my
machine at will, and so far in the last hour I haven't been able to crash
it at all.  My tests so far have been with a 3com 3C589D and a Megahertz
XJ4336, and I have an Adaptec SlimSCSI waiting in the wings.

I've been fighting this suspend-resume problem for some time and for the
first time it's working really well.  So:  get out there and TEST this
stuff!  If anyone wants to run this on -stable as well, Nate has diffs he
may be persuaded to make available.

Kudos to Nate!  Everyone else...get on the suspend/resume bandwagon!

Brian