Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:12:09 -0500
From:      The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Cc:        prm@complexsys.net, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gateway Solo, Mach64 Rage Mobility, XFree86

Just FYI, I have an Ispiron 7500, which has a Rage Mobility, and
suspend/resume doesn't work under X on that one, either; however, the
solution that Linux uses is pretty simple:

On a request to suspend, it calls out to a user script (I would imagine
that FreeBSD does this as well, but I'm just starting to use FreeBSD in
the modern era of laptops); the user script for for the i7500 simply
switched to a console on suspend and switches back to X on resume.

In spite of that, however, it still fails if I suspend twice in a give
session (between reboots), and it's necessary to power off to get
control back.

"Brian, the man from babble-on"              bts@babbleon.org
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org
Support http://www.eff.org.                  Support decss defendents.