Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:25:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        adrian@ubergeeks.com
Cc:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com, marcs@znep.com, imp@village.org, jbryant@unix.tfs.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: solaris is free.

ADRIAN Filipi-Martin wrote:
> 	I'd like to think so, but IMHO solaris x86 has never been a winner
> for SUN.  I doubt they have much to loose by this move.  SCO has and
> continues to dominate the commercial intel unix world.  SCO also has had
> the same type of offer open for both UnixWare and OpenDeathtrap for a year
> or so now.  They have much more to loose in the intel market.

And if SCO sets the standard that people expect, they should be impressed
by FreeBSD. I hadn't used SCO for years and when the free licence for
non-commercial purposes became available, their local agent persuaded
me to try it. I put the CD in an ATAPI drive in a machine where the bios
was not CD aware. Booting from the install floppy, there was no ATAPI
support. Another drink coaster.... 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137