Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 08:43:45
From:      Richard Paschal <paschal@ultrasw.com>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The trouble with boot0

I had the same problems with 3.1 and 4.0.  In both cases, I installed from
CD obtained from Walnut Creek.

I was getting the error message "Invalid Partition Table" from the NT boot
sector.  It seems that FreeBSD doesn't co-exist with other OS as well as
might be thought.

As it turns out, all that needed to be done was sort the table in
increasing order by, I believe, beginning cylinder (apologies, this was
months ago and its no longer all that clear).

I did it manually using something called "Norton Utilities Disk Edit" on an
MSDOS diskette and it booted fine afterward.

Regards,
Richard