Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 1996 14:59:24 GMT
From:      iain@nwpeople.demon.co.uk (Iain Baird)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        info@lasermoon.co.uk
Subject:   Lasermoon: beware!

This will be of interest mainly to UK residents:

I ordered the FreeBSD 2.1 CD-ROM from Lasermoon Ltd.  The person I
spoke to said it would be delivered within 2 days.  It was not.
When I rang back today I was informed that they do not yet have the
2.1 CD in stock.  They apparently had not considered ringing me back
to inform me of this.  They did not apologise for misleading me, and
seemed rather unconcerned about the whole matter.  I cancelled my order.

Other potential Lasermoon customers take note.

[ P.S.  I saw some recent traffic about SWiM's broken install script.
I sent Lasermoon a fixed version on 17 July 1995.  They replied to
my mail, but apparently have done nothing about fixing the script. ]

--
Iain Baird                                     Network People International
I speak only for myself.                       Tel: +44 (0)1732 743591