Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:15:19 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc

In message <19877.920165128@zippy.cdrom.com> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
: I'm not sure I'd call it a "decision", but there are strong leanings
: towards egcs.  It simply seems to be moving more aggressively (and
: more well-fundedly) in the right directions whereas gcc 2.8.1 has been
: very slow to update.

I for one would love to see 2.8.1 or newer in the tree for my own,
selfish reasons.  Many ports (new architectures) would benefit from
this.

Warner