Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 15:02:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Bob Loftus <bobster@primenet.com>
Cc:        "Jacob M. Parnas" <jparnas@jparnas.cybercom.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject:   Re: Adaptec2940UW vs. BusLogicBT-958 (opinions?)

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Bob Loftus wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Jacob M. Parnas wrote:
> > Would you please elaborate a bit on the logic?  I don't see why with up to
> > 15 devices, you couldn't fill up 40MB/sec for a fast/wide/ultra SCSI III bus?
> > Especially with some raids counting as one large SCSI device?
> I did.  http://www.nexial.nl/cgi-bin/bsdi  search for "fast wide scsi
> paul vixie"  That should do it. One would have to question the wisdom of
> putting that many devices in a chain on one bus. But hey maybe you could
> teach me something, I'm sure no expert. Yet. ;->
> Regards,
> Bob...

Ive been watching this thread -  Im one of those people in need of many
fast drives and am seeking a better solution that a regular pci 2940 and
regular scsi-2 drives.  They+freebsd just dont do it thruput wise for a
very full news server.  I have found hat one gets better thruput if you
have 4 2 gig drives than if you have 1 8.  So there is one reason for
alot of drives.